Master of Medical Laboratory Science
Develop specialist skills in a chosen field of medical laboratory science, demonstrate your analytical and problem-solving skills and learn to apply contemporary theory to current practice.
The ability to carry out research in medical laboratory science is a skill in high demand by industry. Medical laboratory scientists are facing new challenges as technologies evolve and diagnostic services change. Top-level evaluative and management skills are in demand along with specialized skills in research and development. The Master of Medical Laboratory Science equips you with the skills to make the most of these opportunities.
This program is open to all medical laboratory scientists (New Zealand registration and practicing certificates are required). There's an opportunity to follow either a management or a specialized scientist pathway.
AUT CITY CAMPUS
Our City Campus is in the heart of Auckland. It is AUT’s biggest campus and home to most academic units and the central administration, including the Vice-Chancellor’s office.
- March Deadline: May
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
- Postdoctoral fellow
- Lecturer in universities
- Industrial research leade
Your qualification at level 7 or higher is acceptable if your course lasted 30 weeks or more.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum entry requirements
An applicant must:
- Have completed the Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science with a B grade average or higher in papers at level 7, or equivalent
- Be registered as a Medical Laboratory Scientist with the Medical Sciences Council of New Zealand (MSCNZ)
- Hold a current Practising Certificate as a Medical Laboratory Scientist, issued by the MSCNZ
- Course Code: AK1028
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Science (Research) at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Sport, Exercise and Health at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Nursing Science at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Information Security and Digital Forensics at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Science at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Public Health at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)