Human Complex Trait Genetics PgDip
The revolution in genetic mapping technology and the advent of whole genome sequences have turned quantitative genetics into one of the fastest growing areas of biology.
Based in the internationally renowned Institute of Evolutionary Biology, this MSc draws from the wealth of expertise available there, as well as the teaching, research expertise and facilities of Scotland’s Rural College, the University’s Centre for Molecular Medicine, the Medical Research Council’s Human Genetics Unit and the Roslin Institute (birthplace of Dolly the sheep).
Each year the syllabus is fine-tuned to suit current issues in evolutionary, plant, human and animal genetics.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
You will develop the in-depth knowledge and specialised skills required to apply quantitative genetics theory to practical problems, in both the biomedical and animal science industries, and to undertake research in evolutionary genetics, population genetics and genome analysis.
UK announces 2-year post-study work visa
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in biological or biomedical sciences, medicine, agriculture, or animal sciences, or a degree in mathematics, statistics, or physics from applicants intending to transfer into the biological sciences.
We will also consider your application if you have less than the minimum qualification but can show sufficient additional relevant experience such as significant work history in a related discipline.
Your application must show evidence of an interest in genetics alongside quantitative skills.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 09 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Applied Poultry Science PgCert (ICL) at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Poultry Science PgDip (ICL) at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Medical Image Analysis PgCert (ICL) at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Conservation Genetics with Wildlife Forensics PgCert (ICL) at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Conservation Genetics with Wildlife Forensics PgDip (ICL) at The University of Edinburgh
- Anatomical Sciences PgDip at The University of Edinburgh