Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Visual Art
What is Art?
Art as a subject taught at third level encourages self-expression and creativity while building confidence and creative skills as well as a sense of individual identity for our students. Most important, studying visual art at WIT helps to develop our students critical thinking and the ability to interpret the world around us through determination and resilience while opening up new possibilities to think beyond what we already know through art’s unique visual language.
What is the BA (Hons) in Visual Art?
The undergraduate Visual Art programme at WIT offers students the opportunity to work broadly and experimental across a wide range of fine art media and practices, these include; drawing, painting, sculpture, print-making, photography, performance, video and digital media. On this studio-based programme, emphasis is placed on developing both the student’s visual awareness and artistic analysis through theoretical and historical contexts in contemporary art in order to shape and develop each student’s individual art practices.
The programme is structured on the basis of a modulated four-year degree, starting with the inculcation of core skills. These are then extended through a number of thematic projects in which practical ability is augmented and strengthened by the development of visual awareness. Finally, each student brings their cumulative learning to bear on the accomplishment of a personal artistic project.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD152
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Design (Visual Communications) at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Music at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Culinary Arts at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) at Waterford Institute of Technology