Graduate Diploma of Commerce
Gain real-world business expertise that you can apply to a range of careers or to the management of your own business. Deakin’s Graduate Diploma of Commerce will give you a foundation in commerce and business theories with opportunities to put them into practice through hands-on industry experience.
The Graduate Diploma of Commerce builds on an undergraduate qualification in any discipline. This one-year program is designed to give you advanced knowledge of the key business disciplines, which can then be applied to business-related careers across any field.
On completion of the Graduate Diploma of Commerce, you may progress to Deakin’s Master of Commerce.
The Melbourne Burwood Campus is Deakin’s largest. A short trip from Melbourne’s central business district, Burwood offers the perfect balance between city lifestyle and suburban comfort. On campus you will find impressive buildings and world-class facilities, a wide range of learning and social spaces, and a relaxed atmosphere. If you enjoy getting outdoors between classes, the Melbourne Burwood Campus also sits alongside parkland, which is great for walking, jogging and cycling.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum admission criteria:
- a Bachelor's degree (or higher) in any discipline, or
- two years of relevant work experience, or
- Successful completion of the Masters Qualifying Program (MQP)
- evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent
*Note: a relevant professional experience that demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of business or another related field
Mandatory student checks
Any unit which contains work-integrated learning, a community placement, or interaction with the community may require a police check, Working with Children Check, or another check.
When you apply to Deakin, it’s important to attach all requested supporting documentation, otherwise, your application could be delayed or disallowed.
Remember, most documents need to be certified before you upload them, so give yourself plenty of time to get organized.
Examples of certified copies you’ll need to include:
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
Documents in languages other than English will need to be translated. If you’re applying for a scholarship, please also check the specific supporting documents for that application.
- Course Code: 062715G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Graduate Certificate of Marketing at Deakin University
- Graduate Certificate of Professional Accounting and Law at Deakin University
- Graduate Certificate of Commerce at Deakin University
- Graduate Certificate of Information Systems at Deakin University
- Graduate Certificate of Business Administration at Deakin University
- Graduate Certificate of International Relations at Deakin University