Graduate Diploma in Technology
Gain skills to innovate and lead
Industries and organisations are being transformed by technology. This course gives the students the multidisciplinary skills to tackle complex problems in this rapidly changing world by developing a set of capabilities, in technology and other areas that enable them to succeed in digitally disrupted organisations and industries.
Flexible, individualised learning
The Graduate Diploma in Technology combines practice-based subjects, called Studios, with elective subjects from across the university, to adapt the course to the needs of students. We understand that’s a lot of freedom. That's why a learning concierge helps guide students with choosing electives and career coaching for the unique professional background and career trajectory of every student.
In Studios, students work with academics and professional peers in collaborative, intensive workshops on complex problems honing problem solving skills and critical thinking on sustainable development solutions.
The studios teach design and systems thinking frameworks for students to apply and evaluate their technical knowledge and skills. The studios provide mentorship and a collaborative practice-based learning environment to develop competencies.
The course teaches students to think in different ways that enable them to tackle complex problems, while building postgraduate level content knowledge in subject areas of their choice including postgraduate subjects focused on the intersection of technology and community, and scientific or technological processes or skills.
The course for responsible technology leadership
As graduates, students become decision makers and innovators requiring a diverse skillset and are professionally equipped to work successfully with, and for, Indigenous Australians.
UTS is a focused, University of Technology, which understands how technology interacts with and changes communities, developing responsible, transformative leadership, through impactful partnerships.
As a City campus, UTS not only offers a range of great services and facilities across our buildings, but across our vibrant, local precinct. For a snapshot of everything our campus and precinct has to offer - including where all the cafes are at UTS
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Whether students want to thrive in a large organisation or create a new career pathway, the Graduate Diploma in Technology provides the expertise to help them get there.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
In addition to the above qualifications, applicants need to satisfy professional practice requirements by providing materials substantiating their professional work experience (at skill level 1 – bachelor's degree or higher) of at least 2 years' full time (or equivalent) in any of the occupations (ANZSCO Version 1.2) listed below. This requirement may be demonstrated through an electronic portfolio or CV and a Statement of Service confirming the dates of employment, and the position held within the organisation.
- 11 Chief Executives, General Managers and Legislators
- 12 Farmers and Farm Managers
- 13 Specialist Managers
- 21 Arts and Media Professionals
- 22 Business, Human Resource and Marketing Professionals
- 23 Design, Engineering, Science and Transport Professionals
- 24 Education Professionals
- 25 Health Professionals
- 26 ICT Professionals
- 27 Legal, Social and Welfare Professionals
Alternative admission pathway
Applicants who do not meet the above requirements but have extensive work experience as a professional or manager (as per the above list of ANZSCO occupations) and a general capacity to undertake tertiary education may be considered. This will be supported by submission of:
- CV outlining work experience and education and a Statement of Service confirming the dates of employment, and the position held within the organisation,
- A one-page Personal Statement outlining the applicants interest in the course and contemporary professional education undertaken in support of this interest, and
- Evidence of Prior Learning and Capacity to undertake tertiary education (demonstrated by successful completion of UTS Microcredential(s) or equivalent).
Assessment of other criteria:
- The Statement of Service demonstrates extensive work as a manager or professional, and their ability to critically appraise their work.
- The CV supports the Statement of Service in clarifying the depth of student experience.
- The Personal Statement clearly articulates the applicant’s learning expectations which align with the course intended outcomes.
- The Evidence of Prior Learning and Capacity demonstrates contemporary engagement in professional education which is successful, current and at an appropriate level for postgraduate study at UTS, and aligned with the applicant’s Personal Statement.
Applicants considered under these alternative criteria may be required to attend an interview.
Minimum English Language Requirements
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
- TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
- AE5: Pass;
- PTE: 58-64;
- CAE: 176-184
- Course Code: 0101143
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Diploma in Environmental Engineering Management at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Certificate in Technology at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Certificate in Information Systems at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Certificate in Landscape Architecture at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Diploma in Information Systems at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)