This course is currently not offered by the university in upcoming intakes. We will notify you soon as it is resumed for online/ offline delivery
Graduate Certificate in Development Practice
Develop the practical and intellectual skills to navigate the complex landscape of development, critically engage with key debates and be part of creating sustainable alternatives for the future.
UQ’s Development Practice program addresses key challenges in the world today, including the rights of Indigenous people, inequality, gender, health, violence, alternative economics, climate justice and environmental sustainability.
With a diversity of delivery options – including intensive, online, practice-based learning environments and in-field research – focusing on the fundamentals, this six-month program is suitable for students with an approved degree, or post-secondary study and relevant work experience. The program is designed to fit in with your interests and availability, whether you're starting, advancing or rethinking your career.
Local communities in Australia and overseas are situated within rich and complex global dynamics. Our program equips you with theoretically informed skills to embrace the challenges of understanding, practising and rethinking development at different scales.
Drawing from anthropology, community development, planning, political science, sociology and related fields, UQ's Development Practice offers you a unique, multidisciplinary and practice-based learning experience.
Our graduates work across government, industry and community settings in development, social services, health, planning and elsewhere, to contribute to collaborative social change.
- Benefit from a program taught and supervised by scholars engaged in the field through research and practice.
- Become part of a multicultural study environment and connect to an international cohort who contribute rich and diverse experiences.
- Develop a strong multidisciplinary foundation and complete core courses including community development, planning, sociology, international relations and politics.
- Join a program that welcomes applicants from various academic, professional and cultural backgrounds who are eager to rethink and redefine development practice.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Community development practitioner
- Multicultural liaison officer
- Social inclusion officer
- Indigenous community adviser
- Community planning and policy adviser
- International aid worker
- Outreach services officer
- Sustainability researcher
- Community development manager
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Course Code: 053339A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN Financial Mathematics at The University of Queensland
- GRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN Finance and Investment Management at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate Tourism, Hotel and Event Management at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in International Relations at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship and Innovation at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Economics at The University of Queensland