Bachelor of Design (Architecture)
Quietly change the world.
Our design students learn about more than the art, technology and business of architecture - we challenge them to think laterally and explore their potential as agents for change. University of Newcastle architects don't just learn to design and shape the physical spaces of our cities and buildings; they study how to use architecture to stimulate the places we live and work, engage the community and improve our world.
Once a heavy industry hub, Newcastle is shifting into a creative innovation centre, offering a unique space for resourceful, transformative architectural practice. Through live projects in our city and beyond, you’ll develop design principles that emphasise social, economic and environmental sustainability. You’ll invest time in developing a deep understanding of each site you work on. You will become a consultative problem solver, remaining engaged with our challenging future, learning how to develop human and purposeful architecture.
Newcastle - Callaghan
The University of Newcastle's main campus at Callaghan is only 12 kilometres from beaches and the heart of Newcastle - a city named as one of the world's top 'Smart Cities' to watch in 2017 by Global magazine National Geographic Traveler.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
On completion of this degree you’ll be able to work as an architectural technician, drafter, manager, facilitator or designer in public and private architectural practices and associated creative industries.
In addition to careers in private architectural practice, opportunities include careers in:
- local, state and federal government
- overseas aid and support
- infrastructure planning research
- restoration and conservation
If you go on to complete the Master of Architecture, you will become eligible for Registration as an architect.
- 3 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to our undergraduate degree programs usually requires successful completion of a senior secondary school qualification similar to the Higher School Certificate (HSC), the highest educational award in New South Wales schools..
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 001600A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Computer Systems Engineering (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Construction Management (Building) (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Computer Systems Engineering (Honours) / Bachelor of Business at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours) / Bachelor of Surveying (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours) / Bachelor of Environmental Engineering (Honours) at University of Newcastle