Graduate Certificate Tourism, Hotel and Event Management
Prepare yourself for a successful managerial career in tourism, hospitality or events, where your business acumen and professional abilities result in exceptional tourism experiences.
Tourism contributes billions of dollars to the Queensland economy and employs thousands of people. This active local tourism environment makes the programs at the Business School the ideal forum to learn about this vibrant industry, with the skills you gain applicable in Australia or anywhere in the world.
You'll benefit from UQ's extensive network of industry leaders, many of whom deliver guest lectures and share their perspectives and knowledge, and you'll have the opportunity to establish contacts for the future.
Your study also offers a range of invaluable Work Integrated Learning (WIL) opportunities designed to help you bridge the gap between theory and practice and gain industry experience with tourism and event site visits, the investigation of case studies, and problem-based learning activities.
You'll graduate with an internationally recognised qualification and be ready for success in any number of careers related to tourism, hotel and event management.
- Study at one of the world's top business schools and the only Australian university to offer programs accredited by the United Nations World Tourism Organisation that promotes responsible, sustainable and universally accessible tourism.
- Advance your expertise through a range of high-level courses so you can specialise in a new field, further your existing knowledge, or explore fresh areas of interest.
- Work closely with lecturers and tutors currently involved in the industry and gain real-world, hands-on experience behind the scenes at attractions, destinations and events.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Staging manager
- Events producer
- Festival officer
- Resort front office duty manager
- Marketing director
- Banquet supervisor
- Corporate travel team lead
- Community and sustainability manager
- Hospitality manager
- Economic development and tourism officer
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor degree or equivalent with a GPA of at least 4.00 on a 7 point scale; OR
- post-secondary study and at least five years full-time work experience as approved by the Executive Dean; OR
- seven years full-time work experience as approved by the Executive Dean.
- Course Code: 077438M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Certificate in International Relations at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship and Innovation at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Economics at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Economics at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Development Practice at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Commerce at The University of Queensland