Post Graduate Diploma Analytical Science with Quality Management
The MSc/Postgrad Diploma in Analytical Science with Quality Management programmes were developed based on an analysis of the importance of the pharmaceutical and related industries in Ireland and in particular within the South-East region. This followed a Scientific Skills Survey which was conducted by Wales Ireland Network for Scientific Skills (WINSS) to address the scientific skills gaps within pharmaceutical/biotechnology, medical device and food industries based in Dublin, Meath, Kildare, Waterford, Kilkenny, Wexford, Wicklow, Carlow, South Tipperary, Cork and Kerry.
The IDA strategy for the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and related sectors, taking into account the number of multinationals here already and increased competition from emerging economies, is to encourage companies to ‘start earlier and finish later’ in their Irish-based activities. This means expanding research and development and the pre-clinical stages of product development. This focus will increase the requirement for highly trained graduates and postgraduates with research capabilities. This will require up-skilling of graduate staff to postgraduate level in advanced analytical techniques and quality management. These courses are seen as critical, not only in increasing the number of graduates from the region with a formal qualification in analytical science and quality management but in making a valuable contribution to the infrastructure of the region in the context of developing and attracting knowledge-based industry.
Recognising this demand, the Department of Science at Waterford Institute of Technology offers a range of part-time taught postgraduate programmes. The content of these programmes specifically addresses major thematic topics in analytical science and quality management that are perceived to offer the best prospects for growth, particularly in an Irish context.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants for entry to this Postgraduate Diploma/MSc course should hold a bachelor's degree at honours level minimum 2.2 (Level 8) in an appropriate subject area or equivalent qualification.
- In addition, in order to fully appreciate the industrial impact of the content of this program, it has been deemed necessary to have a minimum of two years of relevant industrial experience.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD520
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR