AFRO-AMERICAN STUDIES, B.A.
The Department of Afro-American Studies at the University of Wisconsin–Madison offers students an opportunity to study those aspects of black history, culture, and society in ideal interdisciplinary models that reconstruct African American life. It challenges students to critically examine facts and issues that are historically and contemporaneously relevant to the African American experience.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
- Familiar with the history, culture and social conditions of African Americans in the United States and, secondarily, in the African diaspora.
- Prepared to interact effectively in a multicultural world.
- Prepared to share the results of academic research in the area of race with their communities in Wisconsin, the U.S., and the world.
- Prepared for careers working in institutions that address the needs of multicultural communities.
- Develop an understanding of the connection between different disciplinary approaches to the study of race.
- 12 to 36 months( OPT duration depends on the major studied)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
If you are currently enrolled in high school: Official transcripts from your U.S. high school, as well as transcripts for any secondary work (grades 9–12) completed prior to enrollment in a U.S. high school. Your current U.S. high school may submit their copy of your prior school transcript.
If you are currently enrolled in high school at the time of application:
- An official copy of grade 10 secondary school examination board results officiated or attested by school official*
- Internal grades for coursework taken in grades 11 and 12, through time of application.
- In order to finalize admission, students must supply an officiated or attested copy of their grade 12 senior secondary board results.
If you have already completed high school at the time of application: Attested secondary and senior secondary/intermediate education board results*
*Board results listed on transcripts are not sufficient; we require attested copies of the actual results certificates issued by the examining board.
HONORS IN THE AFRO-AMERICAN STUDIES MAJOR REQUIREMENTS
To earn Honors in the Major in Afro-American Studies, students must satisfy both the requirements for the major (above) and the following additional requirements:
- 3.300 University GPA
- 3.500 GPA in all AFROAMER courses, and all courses accepted in the major
- Complete at least one course with a cross-cultural or comparative focus:
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 60 USD