Bachelor of Science (Honours) Applied Computing (Cloud & Networks)
What is Applied Computing (Cloud & Networks)?
The BSc (Hons) in Applied Computing (Cloud and Networks) is a full-time, four year, honours degree course of study that can be chosen within the BSc (Hons) in Applied Computing Common Entry Route. This course is designed to equip students with a practical understanding of Operating Systems and the tools required to deploy, manage and troubleshoot the underlying infrastructure supporting networked systems.
This stream will develop a strong underlying knowledge of how network communications and Cloud infrastructure is designed, implemented and managed. Students will work with the latest technologies from leading companies such as Amazon, Cisco, Red Hat and IBM. Graduates who are able to configure, manage and troubleshoot applications and services in Cloud based systems are in high demand across many domains.
Students will learn how to configure reliable, fault-tolerant, secure Cloud infrastructure systems using popular environments such as Amzon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform. Students will take some modules from the Security stream to develop the essential skills required in modern Cloud environments.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD001 CLN
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Creative Computing at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Multimedia Applications Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Computer Forensics and Security at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Applied Computing (Media Development) at Waterford Institute of Technology