Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Laws - ARSC03
If you’re an innovative and globally engaged thinker looking to forge successful careers in dynamic and creative working environments around the world, then the UC Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws course can help you get there.
Gain an extremely thorough understanding of the theory and practical applications of law, improve your advocacy skills and be able to choose one of five different arts study pathways: creative writing, cultural and heritage studies, digital media, film production or global studies.
This combination of electives, taught within smaller, more personalised classes, offers a student focused learning environment, greatly improving the value of each elective and ensuring that each student receives the highest level of support and encouragement during their time at UC.
Students of this course will also gain extremely strong links to the local public and private sectors, giving them unrivalled access to a network of professional contacts, practical exposure and the opportunity to study real-world situations through project work, internships and mentorships.
There’s also scope for international collaborations and the chance for students to qualify for admission to practice law in their final year.
Study a Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws at UC and you will:
- obtain a broad and in-depth understanding of the theoretical and practical knowledge of law
- combine creativity and legal problem solving to create innovative business solutions
- fine-tune your ability to present ideas and opinions effectively and communicate within and across professional and cultural boundaries
- explore a range of creative study options designed around your personal interests
- acquire the ability to problem solve, analyse and evaluate information in a systematic, creative and insightful way
- use professional knowledge and skills ethically and responsibly for the benefit of others and the environment
- learn advanced legal research and writing skills and how to implement them
- gain eligibility to a globally recognised range of professional accreditations
- build an enviable list of industry contacts.
The University of Canberra is located in the suburb of Bruce in the Australian Capital Territory. Surrounded by Lake Ginnindera, the new suburb of Lawson, Radford college and residential housing, regular public buses can drop you right on campus. Open space, natural calm, tall trees and wildlife. Close to the city. Convenient to shopping. Great food, cool cafes, events and markets; a buzzing social hub with something for everyone. Student accommodation, an on-campus medical and counselling centre, the Australian Institute of Sport, Calvary Public Hospital, Belconnen Shopping Mall and a variety of restaurants are all within walking distance.
Application Processing Time in Days: 14
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The UC Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws double degree offers highly transferrable qualifications that could easily add value across a range of industries and jobs, including:
- business owner
- marketing communication manager
- corporate and public communications lawyer
- sports media lawyer
- policy advisor
- creative director.
Regular 2 years post study work visa for international students completing Bachelors and Masters degrees (minimum 92 weeks), 3 years for Masters by Research and 4 years for PhD. graduates
Cities and major regional centres
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast Canberra Newcastle/Lake Macquarie
- Wollongong/Illawarra Geelong
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an
additional year in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 3 years of PSW visa)
Regional centres and other regional areas
All other locations
(list of cities)
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional
2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to this course is based on an entrance rank. A rank can be achieved by the following means:
- Year 12 ATAR
- other Australian Qualification
- work experience
- overseas qualification
We also offer a number of entry initiatives that give you the opportunity to gain entry to the University via alternate pathway programs and admissions schemes.
For More Information Please Connect to Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 098998E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Forensic Studies/ Bachelor of Laws - NPSC02 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Justice Studies - SCB001 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Justice Studies/Bachelor of Forensic Studies - SCNP01 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Primary Education - 321JA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Primary Education (Creative Arts) - 323JA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Primary Education (STeM) - 322JA at University of Canberra