Materials Science and Engineering with a Foundation Year, BEng (Hons)
Successful innovation depends on the selection and performance of key materials. From cars, aeroplanes and cruise ships, to sports equipment and musical instruments, the right materials can help to define technological progress.
Materials Science and Engineering explores how the properties of matter can be controlled. It includes elements of physics and chemistry, connecting closely with most other areas of engineering.
The integrated Engineering Foundation Year programme can lead to any full engineering degree. It is not a qualification in its own right, but the first year of a four-year BEng degree.
This degree will prepare you for a rewarding career across engineering sectors including aerospace, automotive, manufacturing, sports, and energy generation.
As you progress, your developing analytical abilities will combine with hands-on experience of advanced equipment, establishing skills which are vital to securing employment in the wider aerospace industry.
Travelling west on the M4 leave the motorway at junction 42 and follow signs for Swansea on the A483 (Fabian Way). The Bay Campus is situated to the left-hand side of Fabian Way and the main entrance is controlled by traffic lights. There is a Visitors’ Car Park immediately to the left of the main entrance. There is a large Park and Ride facility located at Fabian Way, which is a short distance from the Bay Campus.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
- 2 Years PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
We accept a wide range of qualifications and backgrounds for the Engineering Foundation Year. Each application is considered on a case-by case basis, depending on the educational background and work experience of the applicant.
For A level or IB students, our standard offer is BBB - BCC at A level, or 26 at IB.
Students studying for BTEC or other vocational qualifications, who might not have the right pre-requisite Mathematical background for Year 1 entry, may also apply for this scheme. BTEC entry requirements for the Foundation Year are DDD, with D in all Mathematics modules.
All applicants are also expected to hold minimum B grades at GCSE (or equivalent) in Mathematics and all sciences, including at least two A grades.
Mature students with relevant work experience, or access courses with a good mathematical and science content, are also considered for this scheme; an interview may be required.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Medical Engineering with a Foundation Year, BEng (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Medical Engineering, BEng (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Medical Engineering, MEng (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Mechanical Engineering with a Foundation Year, BEng (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Mechanical Engineering, BEng (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Mechanical Engineering, MEng (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY