Extended International Year One in Business
Your pathway to the second year of your chosen undergraduate degree
Who is this programme for?
Our Extended International Year One is the perfect choice for students who do not meet the entry requirements of our International Year One course and need extra support in English language and business subjects. It is equivalent to the first year of a business undergraduate degree. At the end you will progress to year two of an undergraduate degree at LJMU.
The extended programme includes academic modules, study skills and English language training, providing complete preparation for your undergraduate degree.
- Learn about the key definitions required to study business
- Gain understanding of business activity, people in businesses and organisations, operations and the external environment and their impacts on business
- Study business policy, digital business and the responsibilities of businesses
- Learn about finance and accounting
- Develop your English language skills
- Enhance your study skills
- Strengthen your mathematical ability
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Skills for career success
At Liverpool John Moores University International Study Centre, we will ensure you become familiar with the world of work. We know that graduate recruiters and top employers are looking for a specialist range of skills and we will help you develop these as part of your course.
To give you a head start, you will undertake a variety of CareerAhead activities to help you become a confident, professional, employable graduate. We will help you to work on skills to improve your employability, such as problem solving, communication and teamwork. You will also write a personal development plan, setting goals for your time at university.
You'll also have the opportunity to build up work experience by taking up part-time employment or a work placement during your studies. Find out more about working rights as part your visa.
Career support at Liverpool John Moores University
When you progress to Liverpool John Moores University you'll benefit from award-winning careers support, including world-class facilities, work placements for students, internships and expert business advice. All staff will help you get the most out of your degree at Liverpool John Moores University, and maximise your chance of success in the job market. This helps make our students successful.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Nationality: Available to international and EU students
- Successful completion of High School Certificate at an average grade of 50%
- Successful completion of Standard 10 with 65% or Standard 10+1 with 55%
- Successful completion of SMU 2/Sikolah Menegah with a average of 7.0
- Successful completion of Kotogakko with a GPA of 2.0
- SPM school: Form 5, Term 2 or Mid-Year transcript - Grades of A- C achieved in 4 subjects to include English and Maths
- Form 5: Term 2 or Mid-Year transcript - Grades of A- C achieved in 4 subjects to include English and Maths
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- International Year One in Business at Liverpool John Moores University International Study Centre - Study Group
- Extended International Foundation Year in Business, Law and Social Studies at Liverpool John Moores University International Study Centre - Study Group
- International Foundation Year in Business, Law and Social Studies at Liverpool John Moores University International Study Centre - Study Group