PGCE SECONDARY ENGLISH
Our one-year, full-time Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) Secondary English program will equip you with the skills, experience, and knowledge you need to teach English to pupils aged between 11 and 16 – plus the option of additional experience of A-Level English teaching. Upon successful completion of your PGCE, you’ll graduate with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and 90 Master’s credits.
It’s an exciting time to train to become an English teacher. Schools have the freedom to decide their approach to the subject. Your course will introduce you to knowledge-based models and skills-oriented curricula, as well as how to support students’ personal and creative growth. You’ll have the chance to consider and develop realistic ideas about what to teach, how to teach it, and why. We’ll help you gain insight into pupils’ learning and motivations. You’ll also gain essential long-term planning, assessment and classroom management skills.
Application Processing Time in Days: 25
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
At UEA CareerCentral, we help students understand how their talents and abilities can fit the wider world.
Our guidance, workshops and experiences allow students to explore possible career pathways and the realities of job progression whilst developing the attributes and resilience to achieve their ambitions. Through close collaboration with Schools and Academics across the University, we ensure students are aware of their options and given opportunities from their first day until after they graduate.
We work in partnership with thousands of organisations to ensure students experience different working environments to understand what is expected of them.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Course Code: Q3X1
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- PGCE PRIMARY (SPECIALISING IN KEY STAGE 2) at University of East Anglia
- PGCE PRIMARY YEARS WITH LANGUAGES - SPANISH (90 CREDITS) at University of East Anglia
- PGCE PRIMARY YEARS WITH LANGUAGES - FRENCH (90 CREDITS) at University of East Anglia
- PGCE PRIMARY YEARS WITH LANGUAGES - GERMAN (90 CREDITS) at University of East Anglia
- PGCE PRIMARY (SPECIALISING IN FOUNDATION STAGE AND KEY STAGE 1) at University of East Anglia
- PGCE MATHS WITH COMPUTING - SECONDARY YEARS at University of East Anglia