Graduate Certificate in Environmental Management
Develop the analytical and strategic skills to tackle today's most vital and challenging global issues, such as climate change, pollution and land clearing.
UQ is recognised as Australia's premier university for the study of the increasingly important field of environmental management. Our lecturers are involved in decision-making for institutions such as the Nature Conservancy, the Royal Society of London, Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority and the World Health Organisation.
During your six month full-time program, you'll learn how to analyse and implement strategies that balance social equity, environmental sustainability and economic needs, and develop essential techniques and methods for resolving sustainable development issues.
This program is ideal if you want to enhance your skills and technical expertise – even if you haven't previously studied environmental management – as you'll graduate with the tools to take on the highly complex considerations that impact environmental management, plus the ability to create meaningful change.
- Access unique biodiversity hotspots and fascinating ecosystems, ranging from coral reefs to World Heritage rainforests.
- Take advantage of innovative opportunities for marine and terrestrial research and interactive field- and lab-based learning.
- Gain practical experience while enhancing your report-writing and project management skills.
- Organise your study around your professional and personal commitments, with the option to complete many courses online.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- National parks and wildlife conservator
- Environmental assessment and compliance consultant
- Natural resources manager
- Policy developer
- Mining adviser
- Environmental tourism consultant
- Environmental remediation manager
- Environmental systems specialist
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Bachelor degree in any field, with UQ or equivalent GPA of 4 or above on a 7 point scale; or
2 years of work experience in the same discipline.
- Course Code: 013832G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Diploma in Sustainable Energy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Energy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Science at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Science at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Pharmaceutical Industry Practice at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Molecular Biology at The University of Queensland