Graduate Certificates in Health Informatics
The management of information in health care is growing in importance. Applications include electronic medical records, physician order entry systems, pharmaceutical systems, and financial applications. This certificate is intended for individuals with a background in health and health care who wish to apply current computer technology to the management of health care services in clinical, financial and record-keeping areas.
UMass Lowell is located in historic mill city of Lowell, Mass., 45-minutes north of Boston, at the intersections of Routes 495, 93 and 3. The birthplace of Jack Kerouac and the Industrial Revolution, Lowell's history echoes all around you. Former mill buildings and cobblestone streets now add charm to a bustling downtown, steps away from the UMass Lowell campus, which boasts a thriving arts scene, a population rich in cultural diversity, and a flair for festivals.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
3 Years of PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Official transcript indicating graduation from an accredited baccalaureate institution.
- A one-page statement of purpose indicating career plans, interests, and objectives in pursuing a graduate degree.
- A professional resume.
- TOEFL scores must be submitted if a citizen of a non-English speaking country and have not earned an academic degree in the United States (Minimum Score: 79).
Although a background in health is not required for admission, applicants with significant health industry experience are given preference when program capacity is limited. For other applicants, one’s academic record and professional work experience are especially important. Applications can be submitted and evaluated at any time. We nevertheless recommend that those seeking admission for the Fall semester have applications complete by May 15, and that those seeking admission for the Spring semester have applications complete by December 15. All application materials go to Graduate Admissions.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 60 USD
- Graduate Certificates in Public Health Studies at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificates in Photonics & Opto-Electronic Devices at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificate in Pharmaceutical Sciences at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificate in Molecular and Cellular Biotechnology at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificates in Ergonomics & Biomechanics at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificate In Environmental GeoScience at University of Massachusetts Lowell