Diploma in Japanese
Japan is one of the world's largest economies and there are many opportunities for fluent speakers of Japanese. The Diploma in Japanese helps you become a competent communicator in Japanese, with strong language skills in all areas required for daily communication.
You develop an awareness of the cultural and social differences between New Zealand and Japan. The program is a mix of intensive language study, practical application of the language, cultural awareness and an understanding of business and hospitality etiquette.
AUT CITY CAMPUS
Our City Campus is in the heart of Auckland. It is AUT’s biggest campus and home to most academic units and the central administration, including the Vice-Chancellor’s office.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
- Travel and tourism
If you already have a degree when you start this diploma, you'll have an even wider choice of careers depending on your other qualifications.
Your Level 4, 5, or 6 qualifications is acceptable if you:
- completed it after study of 60 weeks or more, or
- gained 2 qualifications that:
- each involved 30 weeks' study, and
- the level of your last qualification was higher than the first.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum entry requirements
- Completion of Year 12
- NCEA: 48 levels 2 credits or higher including eight levels 2 credits in any one subject from Classical Studies, Drama, English, Geography, Health Education, History, Art History, Media Studies, Social Studies, Te Reo M?ori, Te Reo Rangatira, Business Studies, Economics, Physical Education
- CIE: 60 points on the UCAS Tariff, including anyone subject similar to the NCEA subjects listed above
- IB: Completion of Year 12
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with successful completion of a minimum of 24 points.
- Cambridge International Examination - a minimum of 120 points on the UCAS Tariff* at A or AS level from any subjects which are broadly equivalent to the subjects in the NCEA approved subject list. Must include at least three subjects (excluding Thinking Skills) with grades D or above. Numeracy: A minimum grade of D in International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) mathematics or any mathematics subject at AS or A level. Literacy: A minimum grade of E in English Language and/or English Literature subject at AS or A level.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) with three A-levels including at least one C grade or better. A result in General Studies cannot be included among the 3 on which the application is based.
- A minimum of CCC scores (7 points) across the NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY)
- Acceptance of the NCUK English for Academic Purposes qualification as an alternative to meeting the English-language requirements, with a minimum of a C grade overall and no less than D grade in each component.
- Higher secondary certificate (standard xii), minimum 60%.
- GCE O levels.
- Course Code: AK3429
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A