Master of Laws (By Research)
Become an expert in an area of the law that engages your interest or stirs your passion. Our Master of Laws (by Research) allows in-depth study of a legal topic.
VU offers support and guidance from leading legal researchers. For your masters degree, you’ll complete a major thesis, worthy of publication, under expert supervision. Our research program maintains strong links with public-sector authorities such as the Department of Justice, as well as private law firms – offering access to real-world scenarios for investigation.
Our governance research program focuses on:
- governance and regulation
- the scholarship of legal education
- international law
- courts and justice
The City Queen Campus is made up of two main heritage buildings in the heart of Melbourne's legal precinct, and two smaller buildings. It has the Victoria Law School, Law Library and moot courts
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
A Master of Laws will help you advance your career in academia, the law and related fields. It also opens the doors to academic or government advisory roles.
Careers in law are paid well.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor's degree Completed with an overall average of all subjects (in the final year) 70%.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
You will need to provide evidence that you have achieved one of the following levels of English language proficiency :
- IELTS (academic module): Overall score of 6.5 (no band less than 6.0)
- TOEFL Internet: Test score of 79. Section score no less than:
> Listening: 19
> Speaking: 19
> Reading: 18
> Writing: 22
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Overall score of 58-64 (with no section score less than 50)
- University of Cambridge - Advanced (CAE): Overall score of 176. No individual band less than 169.
- VU English - English for Academic Purposes (EAP) (Level 6): Achieved.
IELTS, TOEFL, PTE and CAE: These tests must be taken no more than two years prior to commencing your course.
In some cases, we will accept test results from other methods of examination not listed in this table.
- Course Code: 068565A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A