This course is currently not offered by the university in upcoming intakes. We will notify you soon as it is resumed for online/ offline delivery
Master of Veterinary Science (MVSc)
Be at the forefront of the veterinary profession with the latest research developments, the most relevant, up-to-date knowledge, and practical expertise.
The Master of Veterinary Science offers a higher postgraduate qualification and includes a significant project and report in veterinary pathology and diagnostics.
This 1.5 year program trains veterinary students to become veterinary pathologists and will improve your research skills, enhance your existing competencies in pathology plus qualify you for enrolment in a professional doctorate.
You'll access UQ’s world-class facilities, including a $100-million veterinary science centre with veterinary laboratory services, a small animal hospital, an equine specialist hospital and an animal genetics laboratory.
Through a 2-semester research project in the area of veterinary pathology and infectious disease, you'll increase your technical and research skills, working with the university’s researchers and academics.
Graduating as a veterinary diagnostic pathologist, you'll be qualified to work in the diagnosis of animal diseases, as well as in teaching and research.
- Study at UQ, known for producing veterinarians who are in high demand here and overseas.
- Increase your technical and research skills, working with the university’s researchers and academics.
- Develop your understanding of the pathogenesis of diseases and improve your diagnostic techniques.
Gatton, UQ’s rural campus, is located in the Lockyer Valley, 87 kilometres west of Brisbane’s city centre, and halfway between Ipswich and Toowoomba. On this sprawling campus, which dates back to 1897, you’ll find world-class teaching and research facilities in agriculture, animals, veterinary science and the environment. It’s also a working farm, with more than 1000 hectares of dairy, pig, crop and grazing units, as well as post-harvest facilities and greenhouses. Gatton’s agricultural learning facilities sit against a backdrop of historical homesteads, sporting amenities, and community fruit and vegetable gardens.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Clinical veterinary pathologist
- Specialist veterinarian
- Animal disease control officer
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Bachelor degree in veterinary science or an approved discipline; or
Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma in Veterinary Science.
- Course Code: 084728J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- MASTER OF Occupational Hygiene at The University of Queensland
- MASTER OF Food Science and Technology Research Extensive at The University of Queensland
- MASTER OF Clinical Neuropsychology and Clinical Psychology at The University of Queensland
- Master of Sports Coaching at The University of Queensland
- Masters of Occupational Hygiene / Occupational Health and Safety Science at The University of Queensland
- Master of Bioinformatics at The University of Queensland