Master of Science Biochemistry Specialization in Bioinformatics
The programs prepare candidates for a variety of careers in teaching and research both within and outside of academia.
Graduate students are actively involved in laboratory research, course work, and presentation of research seminars. Thus, they acquire autonomy in conducting research and in preparing publications.
The programs create a stimulating and challenging environment which will allow students to achieve excellence in research. Graduates of the programs must demonstrate research skills and credibility as professionals in their area of research.
The Department is a participating unit in the Bioinformatics collaborative program.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
If your program was less than 8 months
- You aren’t eligible for a PGWP.
If your program was more than 8 months but less than 2 years
- We may give you a PGWP that’s valid for up to the same length as your study program.
For example, if you completed a 9-month program, we may give you a work permit for up to 9 months.
If your program was 2 years or more
- We may give you a PGWP that’s valid for 3 years.
If you completed more than 1 program
- You may be able to get a PGWP that combines the length of each program.
Each of the programs you completed -
- must be PGWP-eligible and at least 8 months in length
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Have one of the following:
- A bachelor’s degree with a specialization or a major (or equivalent) in science with a minimum average of 75% (B+).
- An MD (Doctor of Medicine) degree with a minimum average of 75% (B+).
- A DVM (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine) degree with a minimum average of 75% (B+).
Note: International candidates must check the admission equivalencies for the diploma they received in their country of origin.
- Demonstrate a good academic performance in previous studies as shown by official transcripts, research reports, abstracts or any other documents demonstrating research skills.
- Identify at least one professor who is willing to supervise your research and thesis.
- We recommend that you contact potential thesis supervisors as soon as possible.
- To register, you need to have been accepted by a thesis supervisor.
- The supervisor’s name is required at the time of application.
- The thesis supervisor must be a member of the collaborative program.
- Be sponsored into the collaborative specialization by a faculty member of the collaborative program, normally the thesis supervisor, who must be appointed, cross-appointed or stand as an adjunct at the primary program.
Applicants must be able to understand and fluently speak the language of instruction in the program to which they are applying. Proof of linguistic proficiency may be required.
Applicants whose first language is neither French nor English must provide proof of proficiency in the language of instruction.
Note: Candidates are responsible for any fees associated with the language tests.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 10000 CAD
Application Fee: N/A