Bachelor of Science
The course is designed to provide students with the skills and techniques necessary for solving problems associated with a broad range of issues. The extensive range of majors available in established and emerging, generalist and specialist sciences, are all underpinned by cutting edge research. In first-year students are encouraged to establish a broad science base which allows for flexibility in choosing an appropriate major or majors coupled with the option of a minor. The major completed will appear on the academic record and testamur. A fourth-year is required for Honours.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you'd expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquility of New England on a rural property.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
UNE’s Bachelor of Science equips you with in-demand skills and provides you with a diverse range of exciting career opportunities in the industry, government, business, teaching, and research.
Some of the roles you could consider include:
- medical scientist or laboratory technician
- a research scientist with government agencies such as CSIRO and ANSTO
- environmental protection field officer
- resource and land management
- pharmaceutical research and development
- teaching and education (via our Master of Teaching (Secondary Science) or a Master of Teaching (Primary), or consider our Bachelor of Education (Secondary Science) as a quicker route to teacher registration)
- sustainable agricultural production.
Add value to your degree by pursuing an honors year. Perform original research with one of our world-class research groups and contribute to research that aims to provide solutions to the important issues facing both our local communities and internationally. Admission to UNE’s Bachelor of Science with Honours is available to you if your academic performance is excellent.
Our chemistry major is accredited by the Royal Australian Chemical Society (RACI), the professional body for chemical sciences in Australia.
Our major in psychology is a three-year undergraduate psychology sequence accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC). With this major and sufficient grades in your Bachelor of Science, you may be able to apply for admission to a fourth-year psychology course and pursue further postgraduate study towards registration as a psychologist.
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional 2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa (Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
For direct admission into undergraduate courses offered by UNE, you must have completed an educational qualification considered to be at least equivalent to completion of Year 12 in Australia.
- Applicants holding relevant Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) Year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding relevant Indian State Board of Education Board Year 12 examination results, other than PSEB and HSEB
- Applicants holding relevant Punjab State Education Board (PSEB) and Haryana State Education Board (HSEB) Year 12 Examination
- Applications holding relevant National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding a relevant Indian post-Year 10, Year 12 equivalent 3-Year VET level Diploma results in a relevant stream
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 60% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+).
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 65% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant start, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+),
- Must have achieved an overall minimum average of 60% or First Division results
- Course Code: 000468G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Nursing at University of New England
- Bachelor of Zoology at University of New England
- Bachelor of Sustainability at University of New England
- Bachelor of Scientific Studies at University of New England
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws at University of New England
- Bachelor of Science with Honours at University of New England