Bachelors of Mathematics / Education (Secondary)
Combine your passion for mathematics with the skills, knowledge and practical experiences required for secondary school teaching.
This four-year dual program allows you to combine your passion for mathematics with the qualifications to become a secondary teacher. You'll benefit from a thorough preparation for your teaching areas, combined with – and informed by – professional studies in the area of education.
The education component offers school-based learning and draws on the latest research into effective teaching methods, ensuring you graduate well-prepared for secondary school teaching, or training in business or industry. It's a challenging and rewarding career, with secondary school teachers in demand worldwide.
In the mathematics component, you'll choose from a wide range of courses in mathematics and its applications. In your first year, you'll study essential topics in calculus, linear algebra and differential equations. In later years you can select from more specialised courses that emphasise new ideas in mathematics and include recent applications in coding and cryptology, mathematical physics, mathematical biology, bioinformatics and finance.
- Choose to specialise in one of five mathematics majors including Applied Mathematics, Data Analytics and Operations Research, Mathematical Physics, Pure Mathematics and Statistics
- Graduate with high-level teaching ability and a wide range of mathematical skills, ready to excel in a challenging and rewarding profession
- Complete 10 days school experience and 90 days supervised practicum
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Applied Mathematics
- Data Analytics and Operations Research
- Mathematical Physics
- Pure Mathematics
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Depending on which major you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Secondary school maths teacher
- Head of curriculum
- Learning support teacher
- Literacy and numeracy coach
- School principal
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 (or equivalent) General English subject (Units 3 & 4, C); Mathematical Methods (Units 3 & 4, C).
From 2018 applicants to education programs in Australia must complete non-academic entry criteria - please check QTAC's advice.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 088351E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Environmental Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Midwifery (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Humanities / Laws (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Veterinary Technology (Honours) (BVetTech(Hons)) at The University of Queensland