Sociology applies the methods of science to explain social behavior. The interactions of individuals in families, groups, or organizations, and the institutions, social class, or shared beliefs of a common culture are all subjects for sociological research. There are many career opportunities open to people who complete a major in sociology, including business, counseling and social service, public policy, law, and criminal justice.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Sociology majors do very well in the job market. The critical, analytic, and quantitative skills they have mastered in the major, along with their commitments to social justice and their understanding of organizations make them desirable job candidates. Every year the department invites sociology alumni to campus for career panels or “speed mentoring.” Current sociology majors get to talk to people only slightly older than themselves who have successfully made the transitions from undergraduate to professional.
- 12 to 36 months( OPT duration depends on the major studied)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
If you are currently enrolled in high school: Official transcripts from your U.S. high school, as well as transcripts for any secondary work (grades 9–12) completed prior to enrollment in a U.S. high school. Your current U.S. high school may submit their copy of your prior school transcript.
If you are currently enrolled in high school at the time of application:
- An official copy of grade 10 secondary school examination board results officiated or attested by school official*
- Internal grades for coursework taken in grades 11 and 12, through time of application.
- In order to finalize admission, students must supply an officiated or attested copy of their grade 12 senior secondary board results.
If you have already completed high school at the time of application: Attested secondary and senior secondary/intermediate education board results*
*Board results listed on transcripts are not sufficient; we require attested copies of the actual results certificates issued by the examining board.
HONORS IN THE SOCIOLOGY MAJOR: REQUIREMENTS
To earn Honors in the Major in Sociology, students must satisfy the requirements for the major (above) and the following additional requirements:
- Earn a 3.300 Unversity GPA
- Earn a 3.300 GPA for all SOC courses, and all courses accepted in the major
- Complete 21 credits, taken for Honors, with individual grades of B or better, to include:
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 60 USD