Master of Interaction Design (MIDes)
Interaction designers play a vital role in creating digital products that are useable, uncomplicated, and human-centred. If you're looking to develop advanced knowledge about the design process for interactive products – this is the program for you.
Our professional program for graduates from other fields, to allow you to learn the essential skills to work in the interaction design industry. This program can be taken in 2 years.
You will have a degree in a field other than Interaction Design/User Experience Design/Multimedia Design, and you will take two years of study to develop technical skills in-depth.
Your future is in industry, as an interaction designer. You will undertake foundational studies to allow you to achieve a transition to become an interaction designer.
Meet the challenges of tomorrow
Interaction with electronic devices is a major part of our daily lives. From early childhood onwards we are connected to the internet, telecommunications and networks of computer-based technologies. The emerging challenges in this radically evolving field are not so much with the nature of new technologies, but with their design. How should these technologies be experienced in our lives? How can they support and enhance our everyday practices? What should they help us become? These programs train students to address these issues through the design of new interactive technologies.
- Interaction design professionals work in multidisciplinary teams to address open-ended, real-life design projects. Your program simulates this environment through studio-based and project courses.
- Students from the course Physical Computing and Interaction Design Studio get to demonstrate their work to peers and industry at our annual student design exhibition.
- Benefit from a program that offers a flexible study plan. Choose from a large number of elective courses and tailor your studies to suit your interests, your industry, or your career goals.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Postgraduate.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
At UQ, we use a 7 point grading scale, where a 4 is a pass and 7 is the highest grade. When assessing your qualifications, we will convert the grade you received in your previous studies to our grading scale. This sometimes involves recalculating your GPA.
Different institutions calculate GPAs with different methods. When calculating your GPA, we may exclude certain non-academic subjects and include all failing grades.
Our GPA equivalency guide can be used as a guide to help you find the minimum UQ GPA equivalencies for the country or region where you completed your bachelor's degree.
If your GPA doesn't meet the minimum requirement for the program you're interested in, you may receive an articulation offer, which could allow you to progress to the master's degree when you meet the GPA requirements.
To enrol in the program a person must hold a relevant bachelor degree in Economics or cognate discipline or equivalent as approved by the Executive Dean; and satisfy the Executive Dean that, based on the academic record, the person is suitably qualified for admission.
IELTS overall 6.5; reading 6; writing 6; speaking 6; listening 6. For other English Language Proficiency Tests and Scores approved for UQ
TOEFL IBT - Overall 87, listening 19, reading 19, writing 21 and speaking 19.
TOEFL PB - Overall 570, listening 54, reading 54, writing 59/5.
Pearsons - Overall Score of 64 and 60 in all sub bands.
BE - A minimum overall grade of 4 plus a minimum grade of C in all macro skills.
CES - Overall 176 and 169 in all sub bands.
OET is not accepted.
- Course Code: 080726K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- MASTER OF Materials and Manufacturing Engineering (Professional) at The University of Queensland
- MASTER OF Electrical Engineering (Professional) at The University of Queensland
- MASTER OF Bioengineering (Professional) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Mechanical Engineering (Professional) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Software Engineering (Professional) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Urban Water Engineering (Professional) at The University of Queensland