Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Arts
Combine arts major sequences with complementary commerce majors in Deakin's Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Arts to create a unique qualification. Learn to think more critically as you gain a strong foundation in all aspects of the business with a focus on a commerce major like economics or marketing. At the same time, a complimentary choice from Deakin’s arts major sequences will mean you graduate with the balanced education employers want.
Want versatile job-ready skills in both the arts and business?
Students at Deakin’s world-class business school graduate with work-ready skills and practical experience. Combine this with your arts major sequence and you be well equipped with the transferable skills to launch a career in many industries.
In this combined course, you’ll study a range of topics across both areas. Hone your business knowledge through one of our leading commerce majors:
- financial planning
- food and agribusiness
- human resources management
- management information systems
The Melbourne Burwood Campus is Deakin’s largest. A short trip from Melbourne’s central business district, Burwood offers the perfect balance between city lifestyle and suburban comfort. On campus you will find impressive buildings and world-class facilities, a wide range of learning and social spaces, and a relaxed atmosphere. If you enjoy getting outdoors between classes, the Melbourne Burwood Campus also sits alongside parkland, which is great for walking, jogging and cycling.
Geelong Waterfront Campus
Located in the heart of Geelong, the Geelong Waterfront Campus has spectacular views of the bay. Used as wool stores in the 19th century, this campus has been renovated to create an impressive, modern space that offers an inspiring study environment. The unique mix of old and new allows for engaging and creative spaces, and its central location means students can visit Geelong’s central business district between classes. In 2019 a new ferry travelling between Melbourne and Geelong was launched. The ferry offers a comfortable and convenient mode of transport. It docks a short walk from the Geelong Waterfront Campus. Train and bus services are also regularly available between Geelong and Melbourne.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
As a Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Arts graduate, you’ll be ready for a variety of career opportunities including:
- art center manager
- artist agent
- careers counselor
- image consultant
- import/export manager
- marketing and communications manager
- media analyst
- NGO advisor
- public relations manager
- public servant
- small business owner
- trade delegate.
- Melbourne Campus - 2 years of Post Study Work Permit
- Geelong/ Warrnambool Campus - 3 years of Post Study Work Permit
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- (standard class XII) 65%
Entry for applicants with previous Tertiary, VET, life, or work experience will be based on their performance in:
- a Certificate IV in a related discipline OR
- a Diploma in any discipline or 50% completion of a Diploma in a related discipline OR
- successful completion of relevant study at an accredited higher education institution equivalent to at least two Deakin University units OR
- other evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent for example relevant work or life experience
Mandatory student checks
Any unit which contains work-integrated learning, a community placement, or interaction with the community may require a police check, Working with Children Check, or another check.
When you apply to Deakin, it’s important to attach all requested supporting documentation, otherwise, your application could be delayed or disallowed.
Remember, most documents need to be certified before you upload them, so give yourself plenty of time to get organized.
Examples of certified copies you’ll need to include:
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
Documents in languages other than English will need to be translated. If you’re applying for a scholarship, please also check the specific supporting documents for that application.
- Course Code: 0100819
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of International Studies/Bachelor of Commerce at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Arts at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Science at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Property and Real Estate/Bachelor of Commerce at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Business Analytics at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws at Deakin University