Master of Theological Studies
What this course is about
The Master of Theological Studies enables students to apply an advanced body of knowledge in theology and its associated disciplines. Students broaden their knowledge and skills and deepen their engagement with select areas of study to prepare them for professional practice and further learning.
Course learning outcomes
Graduates of the Master of Theological Studies:
- have advanced knowledge of sources, terms, and concepts required in theology and its related disciplines
- have mastery of research principles and methods, including analytical and communication skills applicable to theology and its related disciplines
- have advanced skills of interpretation and critical reflection on a range of theological and related disciplines, with an awareness of implications and applications to historical and contemporary issues and contexts, in order to generate and evaluate ideas for professional practice and further learning
- articulate and communicate knowledge and insights in theology and its related disciplines to specialist and non-specialist audiences
- apply relevant theological and hermeneutical skills through the execution of a substantial research-based project, capstone experience, or piece of scholarship.
Australian Lutheran College
Australian Lutheran College is a diverse learning community, committed to learning for life, providing excellence in theological education and training that prepares tomorrow's leaders in church and community.
Catholic Theological College
At Catholic Theological College our emphasis on personal reflection and pastoral service, combined with our excellence in academic rigour, enables us to offer students opportunities for deeper understanding of our faith and ways to explore how faith can contribute to our contemporary world.
Eva Burrows College
Eva Burrows College is a college for all people. Nurtured by a Wesleyan theological perspective, at Eva Burrows College we parallel quality training alongside expertise and knowledge of frontline work to equip and empower you for life, mission and service.
St Athanasius College
Our college is named after St Athanasius, the great pillar and defender of the Scriptural doctrine of Christ. St Athanasius the Apostolic (20th Pope of Alexandria) stood boldly in defence of the biblical doctrine of Christ. We follow in the footsteps of St Athanasius by pres We support local and international students as they journey towards a deeper understanding of Orthodox Christianity and spirituality, helping them grow in their faith as they prepare for diverse fields of ministry.
Pilgrim Theological College
Pilgrim Theological College is an initiative of the Uniting Church Synod of Victoria and Tasmania, providing a rich tapestry of ecumenical theological education under the leadership of a Faculty of eminent scholars.
Stirling Theological College
At Stirling we believe that the preparation of God’s people for service, leadership, ministry and mission is absolutely crucial. We are convinced that something life-giving and hope-filled happens when behaviour, belonging and belief converge.
Yarra Theological Union
Yarra Theological Union is an inclusive and welcoming community, Catholic by tradition and ecumenical in spirit. We are committed to being a community of scholarship, prayer and pastoral care.
Whitley College is a culturally diverse community of learners committed to practical expressions of God’s activity in the world. We wrestle together in spiritual formation through theological reflection, creative exploration and academic rigour.
Trinity College Theological School
Trinity College Theological School is committed to shaping women and men who wish to pursue ordination in the Anglican Church, develop skills for lay ministry, or simply explore Christian faith for personal or vocational enrichment.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Usually between 2 and 4 years, depending on your qualification.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Successful completion of an undergraduate degree.
Attend an interview
It is a requirement that all students attend an admissions interview with an academic advisor at a College. This will be a Course Advisor in the case of coursework applicants, and a Research Coordinator in the case of a higher degree by research applicants. The interview may be conducted by telephone or email or similar means. The purpose of the interview is to help you choose the right course, to ensure you meet the admission requirements, and to plan a program of study appropriate to your course and your needs.
- Course Code: 096386E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 300 AUD
- Master of Theology (Research) at University of Divinity
- Master of Theology (Coursework) at University of Divinity
- Master of Spirituality at University of Divinity
- Master of Spiritual Direction at University of Divinity
- Master of Pastoral Care at University of Divinity
- Master of Education and Theology at University of Divinity