B.A. Honors Engineering
What is Engineering?
Engineering is about being creative in technical problem-solving. Engineers make things possible by using mathematical and scientific principles together with analytical and design skills. They tackle existing problems by developing new solutions through innovative technologies.
They also expand the frontiers of society by developing advanced materials, sustainable energy systems, construction technologies, transport systems, biomedical devices, and telecommunications infrastructure.
Do you enjoy it…
- Technical problem-solving?
- Using an understanding of how things work to make them better?
- Using technical know-how, teamwork, and creativity to develop new inventions?
Engineering: The course for you?
We have been teaching Engineering at Trinity since 1841. There have been immense developments since that time, but the continuity of excellence in teaching and learning is a source of pride for us and our graduates. A distinctive feature of Engineering at Trinity is the two-year common program, in which all students learn the fundamentals of Engineering science and also engage in substantial elements of project work prior to choosing a specific Engineering discipline. Trinity is the top-ranked university in Ireland, and our Engineering graduates use this to their advantage all over the world as well as in Ireland.
Engineering is a constantly evolving profession. As an engineer, you will need to be adaptable both to the rapid development of new ideas and technology and to the shifting requirements of industry and society. You will need to be a good communicator and be capable of working as part of a team. Above all, you must be a problem solver. You must be creative and able to synthesise and analyze information from different sources to arrive at efficient and practical solutions.
Application Processing Time in Days: 60
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
If you are an international student studying at Trinity, you might be considering internship and graduate work in Ireland, in your home country, or elsewhere. This section provides information for Non EU students on working in Ireland during and after your studies. For information and resources to support an international job search, see our Devex resource which includes international job search advice and information.
Employers value candidates who have more to offer than a good degree with high grades. They look for students who are well rounded and who have experience outside the classroom. Search for and take advantage of opportunities to gain experience, develop your skill set, and gain a clearer picture of what you like and don't like in terms of career options.
For example, you can get involved in some of the many student clubs and societies in college, volunteer or get a part time job. Remember that voluntary work is as valuable as paid work on your CV or resume - it's a great way to demonstrate your skills to future employers. Have a look at the TCD Civic Engagement website and check out volunteering opportunities in Ireland and abroad.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- General Entry Requirements
- Class XII – ISC, CBSE
- 80-90% in six subjects at XII depending on course (or 5 at Grade XII and 1 at Grade X) Mathematics up to Grade X
- 3 subjects at Grade 5 (Higher Level)
- 3 subjects at Grade 4 (Standard Level),
- including English & Maths
- 32 to 40 points, depending on course
- 4 A2 or best 3 A2 plus one AS
- Pass in English & Maths
- *75% or above / HL Mathematics required
- at Class XII level for Computer Science,Engineering, Science and Mathematics courses
*Additional requirements may apply for some courses
- English Language Proficienc Test
- IELTS - 6.5 (No individual band below 6)
- TOEFL - 90 (Written score 21)
- PTE Score -63 (No section below 59)
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: TR032
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 EUR
Application Fee: 55 EUR
- B.A. Honors Civil, Structural, and Environmental Engineering at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A.Computer Engineering at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. Electronic Engineering at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. Honors Electronic and Computer Engineering (joint programme) at Trinity College Dublin
- B.Sc.(Ing) Honors Engineering with Management at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering at Trinity College Dublin