Medieval Studies with a Foundation Year, BA (Hons)
This four-year integrated Medieval Studies BA programme is the perfect introduction to higher education if you are returning to studying after a gap or if you don’t feel ready to jump straight into a degree.
The foundation year will give you a solid grounding in research and study skills as well as introducing you to key themes in medieval history and literature.
As you progress, you will explore the medieval period through the lenses of literature, philosophy, law, religion, politics, and conflict.
You will develop excellent research and analytical skills and learn to present your ideas effectively both in writing and verbally.
Singleton Park Campus
Travelling west on the M4 leave the motorway at junction 42 and follow signs for Swansea on the A483 (Fabian Way). On crossing the River Tawe the A483 becomes the A4067. Continue west along this road, passing Sainsbury’s Superstore on the left-hand side of the road. After approximately 1.5 miles there is a footbridge over the road. The University’s main entrance lies just before the footbridge and is controlled by traffic lights. As you approach the lights, keep to the right-hand lane and prepare to turn right into the University. There is a Visitors’ Car Park immediately right of the main entrance. There are large Park-and-Ride sites at Port Tennant and on the A483 east of Swansea, at Landore, on the A4067 north of the city. All sites are open from 7.00 am until 7.00 pm, Monday to Saturday.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
- 2 Years PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Our standard entry requirement is CDD-DDD at A-level or equivalent.We require a minimum of 5 passes at Grade A*-C, including Welsh/English Language. Entry requirements are flexible and all offers are made following a review of the application form, predicted/achieved grades and subjects, the reference and personal statement. The course is also a widening access programme and developed to support those who may not have been able to otherwise gain access to HE.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- History with a Foundation Year, BA (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- International Relations with French, BA (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Sociology and Social Policy, BSc (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Sociology and Psychology, BSc (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Medieval Studies, BA (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Media and Welsh (a Pathway for Second Language Students), BA (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY