Master of Cyber Security (Professional)
The Master of Cyber Security (Professional) is designed to extend the specialized cybersecurity skills obtained in the Master of Cyber Security by providing students with the opportunity to undertake a period of industry-based learning or a research project under the supervision of our internationally-recognized research staff.
The course prepares you for a variety of security roles within the business, government, and law enforcement by combining technical studies in system security, digital forensics, and analytics with organizational security, governance, and policy skills.
A serious challenge facing governments and organizations is how to deal with the dramatic increase in the number and severity of cyber-attacks which cause great loss to the business, government, and society. Addressing cyber attacks is integral to a wide variety of organizations and government departments, in the context of technology, law, and ethics. Having professionals with cybersecurity skills is crucial for the ongoing success of our digital future.
Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
At Deakin’s Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus, you are surrounded by expansive grounds and impressive new buildings. It offers state-of-the-art engineering, medical and sport facilities, as well as some of the most advanced research spaces in the world. The campus also features incredible sporting facilities, including Deakin’s Elite Sport Precinct, which includes an Australian rules football oval, FIFA-grade soccer pitch, athletics track, basketball courts, and more.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Career options are varied, you could work anywhere in the world as a:
- security analyst
- project manager
- security system manager
- security consultant
- security system developer or programmer information security auditor
- business continuity or IT security engineer.
- Geelong/ Warrnambool Campus - 3 years of Post Study Work Permit
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor degree in a related discipline, OR
- Graduate Certificate of Information Technology or equivalent.
Mandatory student checks
Any unit which contains work-integrated learning, a community placement, or interaction with the community may require a police check, Working with Children Check, or another check.
When you apply to Deakin, it’s important to attach all requested supporting documentation, otherwise, your application could be delayed or disallowed.
Remember, most documents need to be certified before you upload them, so give yourself plenty of time to get organized.
Examples of certified copies you’ll need to include:
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
Documents in languages other than English will need to be translated. If you’re applying for a scholarship, please also check the specific supporting documents for that application,
- Course Code: 093940G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Information Technology Management at Deakin University
- Master of Engineering - IFM at Deakin University
- Master of Science (Information Technology) at Deakin University
- Master of Architecture (Research) at Deakin University
- Master of Applied Artificial Intelligence (Professional) at Deakin University
- Master of Applied Artificial Intelligence at Deakin University